Paleo Crab Cakes
Paleo crab cakes are one of my favorite recipes. I have made it for several of my friends and they all have loved them. This recipe makes 4 crab cakes which is enough food for 2 people.
- 16 oz crab meat
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons paleo mayo
- 1 egg
- 1/4 of a bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 4 pieces of bacon (optional)
- Add the crab meat to a large bowl, be sure to break it apart with your hands.
- Add the chili powder, onion powder, seasoning salt, and garlic powder then mix it in with the crab meat.
- Add the egg, paleo mayo and coconut flower and continue to mix the contents of the bowl.
- Dice up the bell pepper and add it to the bowl.
- If you decide to add the bacon, cook it until it is crispy then chop it up and add it to the bowl.
- Heat up a pan and melt 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in the pan for cooking.
- Use your hands to shape the crab meat into crab cake patties.
- Cook each side of the crab cake in the pan on medium high for about 3 minutes, keep a cover over the pan while it cooks.