Thai Pumpkin Soup
I tried out this Thai Pumpkin Soup a few weeks ago. It is really delicious but takes a long time to make if you bake the pumpkin yourself instead of using pumpkin puree. This recipe is for two servings. Ingredients:
- 1 small pumpkin
- 8 oz of chicken breast
- 8 oz of shrimp
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 2 teaspoons of pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon Ghee
- 14 oz can of coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon of Indian Curry
- Remove pumpkin seeds and filling.
- Cut pumpkin in half and coat the pumpkin inside with ghee.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and bake pumpkin skin side down for about an hour.
- Dice chicken and shrimp into medium sized pieces and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook shrimp and chicken in a pan with coconut oil.
- Scoop out the insides of the pumpkin and put them in a large pot.
- Puree the pumpkin with a hand blender.
- Cook pumpkin on medium heat and add coconut milk and curry.
- Add water while continuing the hand blender until you get the consistency you want.
- Put the chicken and shrimp into the soup.
- Add some salt and pepper to the pot with the pumpkin and bring it to a simmer.