Increase your HGH to Build Muscle and Burn Fat
Human Growth Hormone (or HGH) is one of the greatest hormones in the human body. It is produced by the pituitary gland which is in the base of the brain. It is especially important during childhood and teens because it promotes growth however HGH also serves a critical function your entire life.
HGH is responsible for all kinds of health benefits including:
- Increased bone strength
- Building muscle mass
- Stimulated immune system
- Slowed aging
- Metabolizing fat
- Improving circulation
As we age our body produces less and less HGH naturally which often leads to older people gaining fat and losing muscle. This issue is made worse by the fact that most people these days have insanely high levels of insulin which causes obesity and prevents the production of HGH. If you follow my recommendations you will easily increase your HGH, gain muscle and lose fat.
How to naturally increase HGH production
- Lift heavy weights – a 1991 study done by Dr. William Kraemer at Penn State found that lifting weight at 70% of max capacity tripled HGH levels and lifting weights at 85% of max capacity quadrupled HGH. So get off your butt and hit the gym!
- Interval Training – Short sprints at top speed for 30 seconds followed by a minute or two rest six or more times helps increase HGH.
- Take Melatonin – Melatonin is a natural hormone found in the body which helps you fall asleep. Studies have shown that taking 5 mg of melatonin before you fall asleep increases HGH production 157%.
- Get plenty of sleep – Your body releases most of its HGH while you are sleeping, so get 8 hours or more of sleep to increase your HGH production.
- Take Gaba – Taking 3 g right before you fall asleep has been shown to increase HGH.
- Lower your insulin – high insulin levels not only cause you to get hungry and store fat, but also prevent your body from producing HGH. Follow the paleo diet to lower your insulin level.
- Eat plenty of protein – A protein rich diet has been shown to increase HGH naturally. Focus on high quality proteins like grass fed beef, wild caught fish and organic eggs.
- Fasting – Intermittent fasting not only can help you lose weight but has been shown to boost HGH production as well. Fasting leads to very low levels of insulin which causes your body to produce HGH in order to help you metabolize stored body fat to fuel you during your fast.
- Lift weights in a fasted state – Weight training while fasting depletes glycogen and helps to increase your HGH production. Don’t eat for 4 to 5 hours before lifting and wait another 45 minutes to an hour after lifting to take protein.
- Glutamine – 2 to 10 g of Glutamine before you sleep or after you exercise improves HGH production.
Ever since I started focusing on increasing my HGH level I have been packing on tons of lean muscle and breaking personal records at the gym every week. I broke a really frustrating bench press plateau and am now using 85 pound dumbbells for my shoulder press and will be increasing to 90′s next week. If you are looking to put on muscle, gain strength and lose body fat then follow these 10 tips for naturally increasing your HGH.