Paleo Bell Pepper Chicken Fajita
My new favorite recipe is the Paleo bell pepper chicken fajita. It has all the wonderful flavor of Mexican food while also being incredibly healthy. It is also a great recipe for remaining in ketosis due to high fat content and low carbohydrates. This recipe makes enough for one person, it can be easily scaled to feed more. I usually cook 3 meals worth of chicken at once then make the guacamole the night that I plan to eat it.
1. 1 Bell Pepper
2. 8 oz of chicken breast
3. 1 medium sized avocado
4. 2 teaspoon chili powder
5. 2 teaspoon onion powder
6. 2 teaspoon garlic powder
7. 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
8. 1 teaspoon celery salt
9. 1 teaspoon cumin
10. 1 teaspoon coriander
11. 1 teaspoon oregano
12. A few splashes of lemon Juice
13. A few splashes of lime juice
14. Coconut oil
1. Dice the chicken into small pieces.
2. Add coconut oil to a pan and cook the chicken.
3. Add 1 teaspoon of chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, coriander, oregano to the cooking chicken.
4. Add 3 splashes of lemon juice and 3 splashes of lime juice to chicken and continue to cook.
5. Stir chicken and let it cook until all the lemon and lime juice has cooked off.
1. Remove skin and pit from avocado, dice into small pieces and mash with a fork.
2. Add 1 teaspoon of seasoning salt, onion powder, garlic powder, celery salt and chili powder and mix with fork.
3. Add lime juice and mix around with fork.
1. Wash bell pepper and remove seeds, cut bell pepper in half.
2. Add a layer of guacamole, then layer of chicken, then layer of guacamole, then layer of chicken.
3. Eat delicious paleo bell pepper chicken fajita.
If you are a fan of tomatoes, feel free to add some diced tomatoes as well. Not only is this meal absolutely delicious but it looks pretty cool too. Enjoy.